- The kind of information that we collect and hold;
- How this information is collected, held and disclosed;
- The purposes for which this information is collected, held, used and disclosed;
- How you may access personal information we hold and update such information;
- How you may contact us should you have any concerns about personal information we hold.
This policy may be updated from time to time to ensure compliance with new or amended laws, as a result of new technology or to keep up with changes in our operations.
- Collection of personal information
We may collect your personal information including (but not limited to) name, contact details (such as address, email, phone number) and financial information such as your credit card information when you:
- purchase a product or service;
- make enquiries about our products and services;
- enter a competition we are running; and
- register on our website.
You are not obliged to provide us your personal information. However, failure to do so may mean that we are unable to sell you products, provide certain services including after sales services, or enter you into competitions.
We use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to make the use of our website and services as convenient as possible. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users and the information collected does not constitute personal information. Consequently the Australian Privacy Principles do not apply to the tracking technologies. These tracking technologies allow us to monitor the items an individual may want to purchase as they move through the website, and to record how many people are using the different parts of our website. It is possible to set your browser to refuse tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons, however, this may limit your use of our website.
- Use of your personal information
Your personal information will be used for the following purposes:
- to fulfil obligations under any sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between us and you;
- to render services related to our business such as warranty or after sales services, for example providing upgrades and updated information;
- to provide you with information about our products, services and special offers;
- to send you regular communications;
- to obtain your opinions or comments about products and services;
- to record statistical data for marketing analysis; and
- to enter you into competitions.
- Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to other House of Josh group companies in Australia. Your personal information may also be disclosed to a third party:
- who is engaged by us to provide services on our behalf (such as operating our website, conducting market research, processing payments);
- who is our freight supplier to allow you to track your order and for your order to be delivered;
- who is our agent or partner;
- who may purchase our business;
- in order to investigate your activity if we suspect you have breached our terms and conditions or have been engaged in other unlawful activity; or
- as permitted or required by law.
We take steps to ensure that any third party to whom we disclose your personal information will comply with the Australian Privacy Principles.
You consent to our disclosure of your personal information as set out above.
- Accessing and updating your personal information and opting out.
You can access and update the personal information that we hold about you, request that your personal information be removed from our database or inform us that you do not wish to receive communications from us by contacting us by email at [email protected] Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed.
If you request your personal information be deleted from our databases, we shall take all reasonable steps to do so except where the information is required for legal reasons. Deletion of your personal information means that we may be unable to sell products directly or provide certain services including after sales services to you.
- Storage and security of personal information
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored on secure servers in digital format or in locked areas if in hardcopy format. However, security of communications over the internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee the security of online transactions and electronic communications. We will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information. If you suspect any misuse or unauthorised access to your personal information please contact us immediately.
If you make a purchase from our website, all payments and your credit card details are processed through Shopify Credit card details are hosted safely by riNse after processing.
riNse website links to other sites: These linked sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to our website nor for the performance or otherwise of any content and/or software contained in such external websites
- Problems or queries
If you have any queries or wish to lodge a complaint about how we collect, use, disclose or manage your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer by email [email protected] We will endeavour to respond to your complaint or query within 14 days.